Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Abbey Beach Resort will only collect personal information when you make a reservation, register as a member or when you participate in any promotions or competitions run by Abbey Beach Resort from time to time.
- When you make a reservation or register as a member with the Abbey Beach Resort we ask you for your name and company name, if applicable, address, email, phone, fax, credit card number, cardholder's name and card expiry date. In respect to reservations, the Abbey Beach Resort will contact you by email or otherwise confirming your reservation based on the availability of our rooms and for the authentication of your credit card.
- If you do not provide us with all personal information we request we will not be able to accept your reservation or membership.
- For membership only we will use your personal information to contact you regarding our promotions and for marketing purposes. If you do not wish us to do so, you can easily unsubscribe when you receive our monthly newsletter. Alternatively you can opt out by sending an email to email@example.com which contains the details of your original e-mail address and by placing the words "unsubscribe" in the subject section of the email message.
Disclosure and Information Sharing
Abbey Beach Resort will not sell your personal information to any third party. Abbey Beach Resort will only disclose your personal information where:
- we have your consent to share the personal information;
- we are required by law to do so;
- we deem it necessary to provide you with services you have requested;
- our Terms and Conditions state we will;
- we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to an individual's life, health or safety or a serious threat to public health or safety; or
- we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure of your personal information is a necessary part of any investigation of the matter or in reporting our concerns to relevant persons or authorities.
What information do we hold?
We hold personal detail such as your name, address, email address and a history of your transactions with the Abbey Beach Resort.
We will also hold information based around your transaction with the Abbey Beach Resort. This may include information that you have provided either pre or post transaction (such as your preferences, dietary requirements or the reason for your visit) or that has been observed by our staff through interaction with you (such as your room preference or your likes/dislikes)
What do we do with this information?
We will use your information as part of any forthcoming transactions, this is detailed as follows:
- We may send a confirmation email outlining the details of your booking with the hotel and relevant terms and conditions.
- We may send a pre stay email with information on your visit to the hotel and an opportunity for you to send us relevant information.
- During the pre-stay communication we will store any information we feel is relevant to improve your experience with the Abbey Beach Resort.
- After your stay we may request you to complete a feedback survey (which you are not obliged to complete)
We will use this information to enhance your visit to the Abbey Beach Resort and tailor our service based on your preferences.
If you have given consent we will contact you periodically with news and special offers we feel will be relevant to you.
Whilst we store the details with an accredited/audited third party we will never share the data with a third party for their use.
Where do we store your information?
Your information is stored in password protected systems. We take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with legislation.
How long do we store your information for?
Legally we are required to hold your registration card which includes name, address and a copy of your passport details for 1 year. We will continue to hold data in our systems until asked to be removed and will be deleted immediately upon your request.
What are your rights?
With regards to your data you have the following rights
- Right of access, rectification or erasure and you have the right to restrict processing of personal data.
- The right to complain to us and/or the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- The right to withdraw consent.
In order to exercise any of these rights please contact our Data Protection Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 9755 4600.
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the site. This tool uses "cookies," which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors' use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for the Abbey Beach Resort.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we, nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website. You may choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically default to accept them, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on our website. User’s Personal Information: Visitors to our website are able to sign up for our newsletter, book a room and upload/download information etc. When you register, you will provide personal information such as name, address, email, telephone number and other relevant information. If you are making a purchase, we will request financial information including your credit card number, expiration date, and security code. Any financial information we collect is used only to bill you for your purchase. This information may be forwarded to your credit card provider. We will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to the extent necessary, including: To fulfil your requests, to protect ourselves from liability, to comply with the terms and conditions of our internet host provider.
3RD Party Policies
Related services and offerings linked to or from this website have their own privacy statements that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective website. Since we do not have control over the policies or practices of participating merchants and other third parties, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those sites. We recommend you review their policies before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with them.
Changing Your Personal Information
For membership only, should you wish to change the personal information provided by you at registration. You can do so by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. We would ask that you promptly update your information if it changes.
In order to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure we use industry standards efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of that information. If we no longer need your personal information or if you request us to disregard your personal information we will delete and destroy all your personal information from our website database at your request.
The website may be linked to other websites. Abbey Beach Resort has no control over the linked websites and is not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites.
- Given the purpose of the website it is not practical to deal with you anonymously.
- We will not collect sensitive information about you without your prior consent.
- Children are not eligible to use our services unless in conjunction with parents or guardians.